Nothing could be worse than waking up for that special day looking like you just ate the biggest breakfast of your life. You are already nervous, excited and anxious all at the same time, there is no need to add in the stress of a bloated tummy.
Here are some tips on what to avoid eating around the time of your wedding.
1. Soda – Carbonated drinks can make any bride feel bloated. According to Women’s Fitness, a website specializing in women’s health, “Fizzy drinks, including soda pop and spritzers, increase bloating because the carbon dioxide trapped in the bubbles creates gas, which slows down stomach emptying.” However, if you must have your daily dose of soda, drink it through a straw to help rid some of the carbonation.
2. Dairy – If you’re already anxious, dairy can become your worst nightmare. Stay clear of yogurts, milk and cream so that you can be feeling your best on your wedding day. “Soy milk, rice milk or almond milk might provide a suitable substitute,” said Lance Armstrong’s health website, Livestrong.
3. Caffeine – Caffeine can dehydrate you, and combined with the stress of the day it can make you feel fatigued. If you have to have caffeine stick to a light tea or limit your consumption.
Here is a list of what to eat on your wedding day:
1. To nourish your skin… Eat Omega 3s, grains and citrus. These will help you to have a natural glow when you walk down the aisle.
2. To have your hair looking great… Eat foods rich in zinc, iron and calcium. Try eating flaxseed, spinach or fresh fruits and vegetables so that you can be feeling your best.
3. Drink water with lemon. It is a trick used by many models and celebrities before special events. It is a natural cleanse that will keep you hydrated too! ‘Now’ magazine reports that Jennifer Aniston begins every morning “with a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice to flush out her body.”